Sunday 11 December 2011

Sailing on the Sydney Harbour ...

We are obviously 'real' sailors with our wine in hand

Nearly every week, I get asked if I'd like to go sailing with my bosses on a Friday evening.  I nearly always decline because I'm not a huge fan of sitting on a boat when it's windy and the waves are rolling in through the Heads from the ocean.  But when I do accept, I actually really enjoy myself.  I have Mum to thank for getting me out on the water this past Friday night; she was super excited about sailing on the Sydney Harbour.  And, it was fun.   It was a lovely evening and there were many boats on the water, which caused some chaos when we got to the marker which we had to turn around (we were in a real race, not on a casual sail).  It wasn't too windy or too rough, so who knows, maybe I'll be back out there this Friday night?

Sun setting over Sydney

Manly ferry amongst the sailing boats

A huge cruise ship dwarfs the sail boats

Chaos as we round the marker
 
The sun lights up Manly as we head towards the finish line

No comments: