Sunday 13 January 2013

Abbey's first Christmas ...

It's a weird feeling being away from family at Christmas time.  This was my second Christmas away from home but the last one (2008) didn't even feel like Christmas because I was in the middle of an amazing dream adventure in Tibet.  This Christmas was a little different because I was surrounded by a bunch of Canadians who are all living close to their family which meant every time they talked about their upcoming family Christmas, I'd get a pang of homesickness.  But, the idea of a two week break from work and the prospect of a road trip buoyed my Christmas spirits.  C and I spent Christmas Day with his family, opening presents, enjoying a pancake brunch, taking a long walk around the nearby 'bog' and tucking into a Christmas feast in the evening.  I was lucky enough to speak to all my family via Skype which was great, albeit not the same as being in the same room, let along country!  I'm already looking forward to an Australian Davidson/Kaldy family Christmas at the end of this year!

The Great White Huntress (attempts) to catch a duck for Christmas dinner

Abbey loves her new Hudson's Bay blanket (I sense a theme coming) ...

... and C loves his Hudson's Bay chocolate!

Abbey's Christmas treats

No comments: