Sunday 3 February 2013

Tobogganing ...

Getting a work out walking up the hill

Since I've been trying to embrace the winter by getting outside and enjoying all the winter activities that Canada has to offer.  Last weekend, tobogganing was on the cards.  We travelled to Red Deer (about 1.5 hours north of Calgary) to visit friends who have children, so it was the perfect time to try a favourite Canadian children's winter activity.  At first, I was slightly nervous but learned to let go of my fear and soon I was racing down the hill with confidence.  Abbey also loved the tobogganing (but not when I actually put her on the toboggan!), chasing us down the hill at top speed.  There are still two more winter activities that I haven't tried but plan to - skating and snowshoeing - and can't wait to try them soon.

Racing C down the hill with Abbey following (note that he is too big for the toboggan!)

No comments: