Sunday 21 September 2008

Out of Wuxi for the weekend.....

This weekend, I left Wuxi and headed for the big smoke of Shanghai to visit Ashley and Tim, who was in China for work. It was great to get out of Wuxi for the weekend and see different places and different people. We spent much of Saturday afternoon/evening sitting on the 6th floor of a backpacker's hostel on the Bund, with the most amazing views over the river and the Pudong area. Thanks to Tim, I finally worked out how to take decent night shots on my little camera - pretty happy with the results, I hope you all enjoy! Sunday morning was spent wandering around the French Concession area and having brunch at a restaurant called Sashas, where they have a lovely big courtyard. I must say that I am kind of happy not to be living in Shanghai, it is so expensive compared to Wuxi and so many places to go out, I would spend a fortune out and about drinking! There are also so many Westerners, it doesn't really feel like the 'real' China experience. Having said that, it will be a great place to go every now and again when I need to get out of Wuxi. It is so easy to get to, the train is fairly cheap, extremely comfortable and only takes 50 minutes. Now it's into a busy week at school - we have 'Meet the Teacher' afternoon this week as well as preparations for a big concert the whole school is singing in. However, I have the Grand Final to look forward to on Saturday and then on Sunday night, I fly out on my first proper China adventure - Guilin and Yangshou. Take care, Anna.

1 comment:

Warrick said...

Sounds like you're having fun, which is great. Holidays here, which is also good. Going for Geelong in the grand final!