Wednesday 5 November 2008

Wuxi adventures with Rob...

Get stuck into those hand rolls Rob!
Well, this has been a week filled with eating and drinking as Rob and I explore the restaurants of Wuxi. Each night we have been to a different restaurant, most of them being 'all you can eat and drink'! I normally end up rolling out of them, feeling extremely full and slightly tipsy. Rob is having a great time here - he has been brave enough to take my bike out each day and explore the smoggy streets of Wuxi. He seems to cause quite a scene as he wanders the streets - I'm not sure how many tall white boys with long hair are in Wuxi!
To work off all the yummy food and drink I have consumed, I was lucky that we had the EtonHouse inaugural swimming carnival this week. This was slightly different to the way things are done in Australia, given that many of the children have not had any prior experience swimming. Most of the races were 'Kicking for 1 minute', 'Monkeying' and '10 metre swim to the teacher' races! The children had an absolute ball, particularly when they were given time for a 'free swim' at the end of the session! The teacher race was a highlight for the kids too, I came in 3rd, behind the guys - a lot of fun! I'll have to aim to get them back today at the EtonHouse Cross Country championships!
The 'Kicking for 1 minute' swimming race! Go Tang (green house!)
We have a 'Teacher Training' day tomorrow and have all been given the day to do some research into the outdoor education program (in other words, 'Get the hell out of Wuxi for the weekend'!). So, Rob, Gunnar and I are jumping on a plane tonight, heading for Beijing to tackle the Great Wall and the Forbidden City!

No comments: