Monday 11 May 2009

The Wuxi weather switch has been flicked again .....

Can you see 'The Hill'?? Sunset in Wuxi.
This time the switch has been flicked to BOILING! It is only spring here, but already the temperature is hard to handle. Before I left for the Philippines, I was wearing stockings and a jacket, but upon arriving back in Wuxi, I'm wearing summer clothes, the air conditioning is on and I'm still sweating. The last few days have all been over 30 degrees and very humid and sticky. But, we have had several clear days where the blanket of smog over Wuxi has lifted, which has been lovely. Thank goodness I have been winding down my training in preparation for the big run on Saturday because I don't know if I can keep up drinking so much water! I did an easy 45 minute bike ride at the gym last night and still managed to drink 2 litres of water before, during and after the session. I am hoping that the weather forecast for Beijing this Saturday is correct - a minimum of 11 degrees and a maximum of 27 degrees. The run starts at 7.30am, so hopefully the temperature will stay at the lower end of that spectrum for the whole run!
A clear night in the Wuxi New District.

No comments: