Wednesday 8 July 2009

Goodbye China ...... Hello Melbourne!

The view from our hotel room on the Bund
Ahhhh, home sweet home!  It is so amazing to be at home in Melbourne, I'm absolutely loving it so far.  But, I made sure that I left China in style.....with a 5 star hotel and a very swish restaurant in Shanghai to celebrate Amy's birthday and the holidays.  We stayed at the Hyatt on the Bund, which was my first stay in a 5 star hotel (and probably my last....I'm definitely more of a hostel girl!) and then dined at Jean Georges, a very posh restaurant on the Bund.  On Saturday morning, I farewelled Amy, lunched with Frank and Freddy and headed off to the airport ready to fly home to my mummy!
Walking from the 5 star hotel room to the classy restaurant.....through construction sites
Classy cocktails for classy girls!
Happy birthday Amy!
The first thing I did when I got home on Sunday morning was go for a walk around the river with mum - the fresh air and (nearly) blue sky was beautiful.  We had a family dinner on Sunday night to celebrate my home coming as well as cousin Pippi's 6th birthday and cousin Steven's 19th birthday - Australian BBQ and mum's tiramasu, heaven!!
Cousin Pippi, brother Tommy and little Lexie!
My lovely Mum with Tom and Pip
The last few days have been spent sleeping in, walking little Lexie around the river, running around the river, reading and wandering through the shops in Puckle street.  I can't wait to catch up with friends over the next couple of weeks and enjoy more of this beautiful fresh air!
Mum, Tom, Janos and Jenny plan their 2010 Europe trip
Reading with mum and Pippi

No comments: