Friday 13 April 2012

Downtown biking ...

The weather for the past week has been very spring like - well, until last night when the snow and rain appeared, causing our backyard to turn into a big slushy mud pool, much to Abbey's delight.  I've been taking advantage of the lovely weather to do some biking around the neighbourhood, along the river and into downtown Calgary.  I made my first foray into downtown Calgary on Wednesday to catch up with a friend for a coffee.  I got plenty of stares and lovely comments as Abbey and I negotiated our way through the numerous one-way streets and traffic lights.

Getting ready to head home

Taking off ...

On the way home, we stopped to take a stroll through Prince's Island Park, where Abbey loved exploring the rocks next to the fast-flowing and icy cold Bow River.

New smells in Prince's Island Park with downtown in the background

Abbey checks out the river

I feel so relieved that Abbey loves being on the bike because it means that we can share so many more adventures with her!

No comments: