Wednesday 12 December 2012

Leonard Cohen ...

One of the highlights of our month of music madness in November was getting to see two old Canadian rockers in the one week.  On the Monday night, we saw Neil Young perform with his band Crazy Horse and on the Friday night, we had third row seats at the Leonard Cohen concert (our seats were even in front of the mayor's seats!)  I was looking forward to the Neil Young concert because I love his folky music but alas, Crazy Horse are his rock band and song after song of screaming feedback was not what I needed nor wanted on a Monday evening.  C enjoyed the concert immensely though.  But Leonard, wow.  I've never seen such a polite, respectful musician on stage.  He was simply gorgeous to watch, the way he interacted with his band members and the beautiful back-up singers.  Rather than continue to describe the concert, which was absolutely mesmorising, I'll simply let you see for youself ...









 






No comments: