Thursday 4 April 2013

A stroll in the prairies ...

Nose Hill is a huge park that is not more than a five minute drive from our house.  I've blogged about walking in it here.  I'm not sure why I don't visit it more often because it really feels like you are escaping city life and travelling back in time to when the pioneers were trudging across the prairies.  But to make up for it, I've visited the park with Abbey a few times over the past week because a) it's so beautiful; b) it's a great place to walk the dog (all those new smells!); c) it makes for a great study break and d) I'm getting over a nasty cold, so I've been spending lots of time walking as opposed to sweating in the gym.  Yesterday, Abbey and I walked for about 90 minutes and only came across one other person in that time.  It did kind of feel like we were all alone on the prairies.  Thanks to the 'visitors' we had a few weeks ago, I don't have a camera anymore, so the following pictures are from the internet ... 

Photo from here

Photo from here

Photo from here

I know these three photos all look vaguely similar but they give you a sense of what the prairies were like back in the day.  I also love the wide open Alberta sky.  These pictures show what the park looks like now, in early Spring, as opposed to the green grass shown in my previous post about Nose Hill when it was late Spring.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome pics, Anna! Glad you're busy exploring while you can!!! :) xox