Wednesday 3 April 2013

Writing about blogging but not actually blogging ...

I know it's been a while but life has been just rolling on by so quickly.  It's been a challenging few weeks with busy and stressful times at work as well as dealing with the aftermath of the robbery.  Now, it's Spring Break although you wouldn't know it from looking outside at the snow.  Spring arrived yesterday with a lovely 20 degree day but now it's back to the negative temperatures and snow on the ground.  Which actually works well for me given that I'm on a university deadline at the moment.  My first assignment for this semester's Masters unit, 'Instructional design harnessing educational technologies for learning', is due on Monday but I'm hoping to have it done by Friday so that I can have some kind of break over the (unfortunately very short) Spring holiday.  I've been meaning to get online and share the photos of my recent adventures (well, those that weren't lost thanks to our recent 'visitors') but I've been saving it as my 'treat' for when I've finished writing this assignment - a glass of wine and some blog updates.  Which is quite ironic given that my current writing topic is using blogs in classrooms.  I've always wanted to have a classroom blog but due to one reason or another, I haven't managed to get it up and running.  But I'm feeling particularly inspired after all this reading about how they can be used to bring out the best in student learning, so that is my goal for next school year - to get a classroom blog up and running!  But for now, back to the books.  Stay tuned for some weekend photos.

No comments: