Tuesday 3 November 2009

The count down is on .....

Hanging out with Mum
In just 9 days, my wonderful mother arrives in China! The travels have been planned, the flights booked, the luxury Shanghai hotel found and the bottles of bubbles are already chilling in the fridge.
The Davidsons
I am so lucky that my family has to visit me here in China. It has never been a country that any of us have shown much desire to travel to, so it has been an adventure for all of us and I’m so grateful for them taking the time to come to see me.
Red wine overlooking the Bund with Rob
Last November, I was lucky enough to have Rob, my youngest brother, come to China for a month long visit. We had some brilliant times in Beijing, Shanghai, Chengdu and just hanging out in Wuxi.
Terracotta Warriors with Dad and Carla
Then, just a month ago, I was fortunate enough to have Dad and his partner, Carla, arrive for 10 days. Again, we enjoyed time in Beijing, Shanghai and Wuxi, as well as a new adventure in Xian.
Tom on Derby Day - winner of the Fashions on the Field!
Unfortunately, my other brother, Tom, has been too busy winning Fashion on the Field competitions at the Spring Racing Carnival, to visit me. However, one of his prizes was a trip to Hong Kong, so maybe I can convince him to pop up to Wuxi for a day trip?! If not, I hope that I will be able to spend some time catching up with him in Europe next year, as he embarks on his first round the world trip.
See you soon Mum!

So, when Mum and her friend, Libby, arrive next week I have new adventures to look forward to …. Shopping in Shanghai, massages in Wuxi, Uberfood, dumplings and …… you guessed it, a trip to Beijing to see the Great Wall again!

No comments: