Sunday 1 November 2009

Running .....

After a quiet weekend in Wuxi filled with sleeping, reading, going to the gym, watching DVDs, massages and beginning to get my head around sorting through my ‘stuff’, it’s time to start thinking about my next adventure which is coming up this weekend. On Friday afternoon, I head off to Hangzhou for the weekend, where I will spend Saturday sightseeing and on Sunday, I will huff and puff my way through the Hangzhou marathon (although, I am not doing the full marathon, or even the half, my event is called the short marathon, with a distance of 14km).
It may not be as steep as this .....
My training has been fairly uninspiring lately, with my right knee giving me all sorts of grief. It began hurting as I walked down Huang Shan for the first time about a month ago. Ever since then, it hurts any time I run more than about 10km. So, I’ve been listening to my body and not running so far – good for the body, not so good for the upcoming run in Hangzhou!
..... but it probably will be this crowded.

This week, I decided to change my entry to the shorter run (7km), but after looking at the race map, it looks like such a nice run (around the perimeter of West Lake), I think I will just stick it to the 14km. I plan to run slowly, ignore the knee and enjoy the scenery! Then, when I return to Wuxi, I will amp up other training areas, to try to build a beach-ready body in preparation for my next few years of chasing the summer!

No comments: