Friday 30 October 2009

Happy Halloween!

Halloween pumpkin at Uberfood
Happy Halloween everyone! It's not something I ever thought I'd say to anyone, but here I am celebrating Halloween in China! Halloween isn't a big celebration in Australia but here in China, it is huge, well at least at school and in the expat community. We celebrated the event at school yesterday by dressing up and participating in a series of activities set up by the Middle School students. There was apple bobbing, boxes of 'guts', 'eyeballs' and 'brains' to plunge your hand into as well as the standard haunted house which brought more than a few of the younger students to tears. Some classes came trick or treating and were probably a little disappointed when I gave them non-candy treats (what a spoilsport!). It was a great way to end an incredibly busy week at school. Last night, several of us treated ourselves to grown up treats - we gathered at my house for red wine, cheeses, Uberfood bread, Belgium chocoloates and some good laughs. And right now I am going to treat myself with a lovely foot massage! Enjoy the weekend everyone!
Bread, cheese and wine - what more could a girl want after a busy week?!

No comments: