Thursday 29 October 2009

The Wuxi weather switch seems to be stuck .....

Here in Wuxi, the weather seems to switch from hot to cold and vice versa very quickly. There is normally only a week or two at most of ‘in-between’ weather. Last year it seemed that one day I was stepping outside in a summer dress and immediately being soaked with sweat and then all of a sudden I was wearing boots and stockings the next day.
Okay, so the sky isn't this blue (this is Beechworth in Victoria, Australia) ..... but it's blue for Wuxi

This year, the Wuxi weather switch seems to be stuck half way. The weather is absolutely beautiful. The temperature is hovering in the high 20s every day. The sky is clear, blue and sunny which has left me wondering if all the factories have stopped work for a while. Some days it even feels like I am at home in the fresh air!

In fact, when Dad arrived in Wuxi, he was surprised. He thought that I had been exaggerating about the air pollution. He just happened to be here on some of the clearest days I have ever seen in Wuxi.

The normal 'fresh' air in Wuxi

I feel like I have a new wardrobe because I am wearing clothes that I haven’t been able to wear before – those in-between season clothes – it’s great!

Whilst I am hoping that the switch remains stuck for a few more weeks, I'm not getting my hopes up. This morning has dawned hot but rainy and the temperature is due to drop 10 degrees over the next few days. Maybe it's time to bring out the boots?

No comments: