Wednesday 3 December 2008

It was bound to happen eventually ..........

Yes, I have taken the first fall from my bike! It was just what I needed after saying goodbye to Rob and feeling a little emotional. The Chinese quality of products really is appalling .... a 4 month old bike that is already falling apart - the brakes don't work, the tires are always going flat, it is rusting and the bell is slowly dying. But I am okay, just a little rattled and taking much more care on the roads now (at least until the brakes are fixed!). It has been a bit of a flat week, back to normality I guess. I had a bit of a moment last night when I looked in several shops for a new winter coat, only to find that the XL was too small - all the Chinese women are so small and have no boobs. Quite depressing! I am having 2 of the teachers over for dinner tonight and looking forward to cooking for people and enjoying some nice Australian red wine. I'm also looking forward to going shopping on the weekend for a Christmas tree and decorations. Something else to cheer me up is the planning of my upcoming holidays, really looking forward to getting away from it all here and taking in some beautiful Tibetan and Japanese sights!

4 comments:

Warrick said...

Hang in there; I fell off my bike on the tram tracks at Camberwell Junction last year, but it will get better!

Anna Davidson said...

Thanks Warrick, it's just been a shitty week....several bottles of red will fix it all though! Hope you enjoy your holidays!

Anonymous said...

Get your fall over early I say.
It can only get better from here.

If you are feeling a bit low, I suggest jumping to Scrubs early.

A few episodes and a few glasses fixes everything in my life!!

Anna Davidson said...

Scrubs may be a good option this weekend, 6 Feet Under can be a little depressing sometimes, too much death! Red wine really does fix everything! Does it help the Year 6 division problems flow??