Monday 20 December 2010

Visitors welcome ...

This is kind of what the harbour looked like last night from the Harbour Bridge

I don't have much of a social life here in Sydney.  It's a little difficult to meet new people when you work alone and aren't here for a long period of time.  But, I'm okay with that, I quite like my own company. Every now and then though, I do get a 'I-miss-my-friends' moment and want to race off to Melbourne for a visit.  It's nice when people come to Sydney for work or for play and have time for a catch up.  Last night, I ventured over to Kiribilli to catch up with a teaching friend, R.  It was wonderful to enjoy a bottle of wine and some dinner while catching up on a years worth of life gossip.  After dinner, we walked across the Harbour Bridge, from where there was a beautiful view with the full moon rising over the harbour and the opera house.  Sydney really is a beautiful city ... and if anyone wants to come and visit, you are more than welcome to come and relieve me from my incredibly quiet social life!

No comments: