Wednesday 16 February 2011

Hao chi (delicious) ...

My favourite - mapo tofu (spicy tofu with mince meat)

C and I regularly talk about China ... me, because I miss it, and he, because he often travels there on work.  We often talk about Chinese food, so I was excited to go to Chinatown to share some of my favourite Chinese dishes with him.  We went to Red Chilli, a Sichuan restaurant right in the heart of Chinatown.  Although the food was nowhere near as tasty or spicy as it is in 'real' Sichuan country (right in the centre of China), it was still very delicious.  Mmmmm, hao chi!

Kung po chicken (chicken with peanuts and vegetables)

Green beans with pork mince

Typical Chinese dish (!) - stir fried kangaroo meat with chillis ... note also the top dish where the main ingredient is pork blood jelly ... mmm, hao chi!

No comments: