Wednesday 16 May 2012

Dog walking ...

One of my worries about working full time was what to do with Abbey, knowing that both C and I would be away from home for 9-10 hours each day.  Mum told me about a dog walking service in Melbourne that her friend uses so I set out to find a similar service in Calgary and was amazed at the options that are available to dog owners everything from 'puppy pee break' services to dog walking and even doggy daycare.  The service we ended up choosing is called All Paws In, a local dog walking service.  Four days a week (our neighbour looks after Abbey one day a week), Ryan comes to our house in the middle of the day, picks up Abbey and whisks her, along with about 8 other dogs, off to a local off-leash park for an hour long walk.  Upon return, he gives her a treat bone I've left and leaves us a little note telling us the time Abbey was out (normally about 2.5 hours in total), where they went, whether or not she relieved herself and a little note about her adventures (my favourite so far has been Abbey played like crazy today!)  

Abbey on her walk with All Paws In (photo by Ryan of All Paws In)
 
It is a terrific service and gives me peace of mind knowing that Abbey is having fun and not bored at home, destroying our furniture!  In the evenings, she is often too tired for a another big walk but always keen for a cuddle and a play.

No comments: