Sunday 13 May 2012

Two weeks in ...

There has been a considerable lack of blogging on my part over the past two weeks.  It's been over two years since I've really worked full time so my body and brain are taking some adjusting to getting back into the daily grind of leaving home early and not returning until late-ish.  It's been tough.  Especially when you throw a puppy, half marathon training and a thesis into the mix!  But, I'm loving every minute of it.  I knew that I missed the classroom but didn't realise just how much.  I love the interactions with the kids and the planning for their needs.  Even more, I'm loving the interactions with other teachers.  That was one of the things I really missed in my last job, just having other adults to chat to during the day and share ideas with.  All the staff have been so welcoming and it's so great to be on a team where everyone enjoys figuring out new ways to work with the kids and improve the teaching/learning process.  Coming into a new classroom this late in the year (only 6 weeks of school to go!) was always going to be a challenge but it hasn't been as stressful as I thought it would be.  It certainly doesn't feel like I have only been with my Grade 5 class for two weeks, they are a great group of kids and have been so helpful to me ("Miss Davidson, you forgot to _______!" is a routine call!)  We're off on camp this week which will be a great way to get to know the kids a little better before I say goodbye to them and they head off to Grade 6!

No comments: