Saturday 6 October 2012

The Healthy Chef's apple cake ...

A friend recently gave us a huge bag of apples from their tree so I've been busy eating them up and trying some new recipes with them.  I love Teresa Cutter's (aka The Healthy Chef) recipes as they are all super tasty and very healthy for you.  I hunted around on her website until I came across the recipe for this beauty ...


It's a flourless apple cake basically made from apples, almond meal and walnuts with some other healthy stuff to bind it together.  You can find the recipe here.  Despite following instructions (which I rarely do) to leave the cake in the tin in the fridge overnight to prevent it from being too crumbly, it was too crumbly.  Which was perfectly fine, it just meant that we ate it as a dessert like this ...


It also made a great afternoon snack at work with the perfect level of sweetness and goodness to get me through the afternoon.

No comments: