Monday 12 November 2012

Did anyone guess it?

What IS this thing I'm holding?

If you guessed a bison bull's penis, you would be correct!  That's right, you did read correctly, I am holding the penis of a bison bull.  Twenty dollars worth of bison penis to be exact.  I've been buying bison tendon for some time now as it is a great natural dog chew that seems to last a long time (and therefore minimise the mischief that the lovely Abbey gets up to while we are out).  I stocked up on these chews at the Millarville Christmas market yesterday and am a little horrified to admit that I spent $100 on bison bull penis and bison tendon chews.  But, despite the cost, I am hoping the chews will stop the furniture chewing ... Abbey has recently re-developed this habit, despite being walked three times a day, having the radio on all day and being left with numerous chew toys, cow ears and rawhide bones.  As I mentioned yesterday, one of my favourite things at the market was talking to the vendors and the creator of the Bow Wow's Bakery was no exception.  I learnt about how most bison and beef products are imported from Brazil or China, however at Bow Wow's, their products are 99% Albertan with the other 1% coming from elsewhere in Canada.  If you live in Calgary, own a dog and want to feed them natural, nutritious and local treats, I can highly recommend Bow Wow's!

No comments: