Wednesday 14 November 2012

How Stoked are your Oats?

This should last us a while!

Just so you know, I am not a porridge fan.  There is something about the texture and smell that simply does not appeal to me.  However, I love oats.  I make my own muesli - filled with rolled oats, nuts, dried fruits, flax seed, chia seed, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds - and enjoy it every morning, but there is just something about cooked oats that has never appealed.  That was until I discovered Stoked Oats.  Early in the summer, I discovered these wonderful oats at the Millarville Market.  Mum and I bought a tub of 'Bucking-Eh' oats for our road trip and for 12 days on the road, those oats fueled our adventures.  Stoked Oats are a local Calgarian company and their oats are slowly appearing in stores all across the city.  The oats come in four flavours, all of which I've been lucky enough to sample and each is filled with a delicious combination of totally natural ingredients.  My favourite for breakfast is the 'Bucking-Eh' but the 'Redline' make for a fabulous snack during the work day - oatmeal with chocolate chips and instant coffee!  C and I bought four tubs at the Millarville Christmas market last weekend - a couple for each of us at home and work.  If you're in Calgary and after some damn good oats, check out Stoked Oats!

(I know it seems like I've been spruiking local wares in the last day or so, but I'm always getting emails from people asking me to review products on the blog - I even had an invite to test drive the new Ford Escape but was unfortunately working on the launch day - but I'd prefer to write about and promote local products that I absolutely love)

No comments: