Saturday 12 September 2009

The sun is shining ....

Yes, the sun is shining, the sky is (relatively) blue, life is good. After a very stressful week at work (my bags were nearly packed mid week), I have enjoyed a wonderfully relaxing weekend. I began the weekend with a workout and early night on Friday, before getting up early on Saturday morning to do some journal writing and heading back to the gym for a run. I ventured into Nan Chang Temple markets to have a wander in the afternoon where I was sucked into the crowd of hundreds of loud Chinese people. I enjoyed looking around the stalls and eating some food on a stick before heading home. A late afternoon nap, followed by a massage completed the day, and I was ready for the highly anticipated event of the weekend ..... a 4 course dinner at Uberfood with some good friends. I have shown considerable constraint since I've been back - I waited a whole month before I enjoyed the 4 course dinner. I'll quickly tantalise your taste buds with a description of what we ate. First, we enjoyed a complementary starter of mini scrambled egg, salmon and fish eggs followed by an entree of 3 soups (tomato, mushroom fish) and a second entree of salmon salad (Uberfood speciality salad has cranberries - what an amazing taste!). We cleansed our palate with a sorbet before tucking into a mouthwatering main of chicken breast with lentil sauce and mashed potatoes. Dessert was to die for - tiramasu with baileys sauce and oranges, mmmmmmm. It even rivals Mum's tiramasu (sorry Mum!). What more can a girl ask for on a Saturday night in Wuxi? Great company, great food, great wine, relaxing atmosphere....lovely. Today is going to be another relaxing day - reading, gym, another massage, some cooking and an early night. Ready to face whatever EtonHouse has to throw at me this week! Have a good week everyone!

No comments: