Sunday 20 September 2009

We are Geelong, the greatest team of all ......

For the third year running, Geelong have made it into the AFL grand final. Despite the fairly boring game which produced a flogging by about 70 points, it was fantastic to see Geelong make it through to the final. However, it presents a dilemma for me now…..do I stay in Wuxi or Shanghai to watch the final or do I take a risk and hope that I can find it screened in a smaller city somewhere in China? We begin our holidays at 1.30 pm on Friday and as always, I am hoping to leave Wuxi as soon as possible to take advantage of the holiday time. My choices are: 1) Stay in Wuxi to watch the final (12pm on Saturday) and leave Saturday night to have about 2.5 days wherever I go. Or 2) Leave Wuxi at 1.35pm on Friday to travel somewhere a little more remote (currently considering Wuyuan, south of Wuxi) and hope that I can find the footy on a big screen or on the internet somewhere. Because I am hoping to go somewhere off the beaten track, it will take longer to get there, so more time is needed for travel – Wuyuan is about 6 hours from Shanghai by bus, however, I’m not a fan of long distance bus travel, so I am thinking of flying to a nearby town from Shanghai then jumping on a bus for only 1.5 hours. The travel hassle will hopefully be worth it – Wuyuan is known for its small, beautiful villages. There are some great walks to do between villages which look amazing. But the question remains, where will I watch Geelong beat the Saints?

1 comment: