Thursday 24 September 2009

The incurable travel bug ....

Since I have made the decision to depart China, I feel like a tourist again. I constantly have my Lonely Planet open, working out new places to visit before I head off. I know for sure that I will be back in China again - I still want to explore the Yunnan province and head up the the North West to see that part of China as well as the 'stans. But, these places require more than a weekend, so they will have to remain on the wish list at the moment. I head off on my last real holiday tonight and it will be jam packed. I board the train at 7.30pm tonight and arrive tomorrow morning in Tunxi (aka Huang Shan city) where I will have 3 days to explore Huang Shan (Yellow Mountain) and the surrounding villages. My first stop will be either a pub or an internet cafe to watch Geelong beat St Kilda in the AFL Grand Final, before I head off up the mountain singing 'We are Geelong, the greatest team of all!'. I travel back to Shanghai on Monday night (another 13 hours on the train) to meet Dad before flying up to Xian then onto Beijing before introducing Dad to the delights of Wuxi. I hope that I never lose the travel bug!

No comments: