Monday 15 February 2010

Family visit weekend ....



Last year, we conquered the Great Wall of China, this year it was the Sydney Harbour Bridge


Five weeks into my new job, I was ready for a visit from family.  Dad and Carla visited last weekend with Charlie (the dog), who stayed with me for the week.  Rob arrived on Friday night and we spent the weekend seeing the sights of Sydney.  On Saturday we headed into the city where we explored the markets at The Rocks before tackling the Bridge Climb, a 3.5 hour adventure to the top of the Sydney Harbour Bridge.  We just missed the rain, unlike the last time I did the climb which was in howling winds and rain.  







Expresso martinis



Hugo's pizza


We spent Sunday in Manly, mostly on the beach running, swimming and snorkelling, despite the overcast weather.  It was also a weekend of culinary delights - we found two lovely Italian restaurants that served gluten free pasta and pizza, yum!  Both restaurants are in premiere locations - in Circular Quay with views over the Harbour Bridge and the other is the famous Hugos, perched on the edge of the Manly wharf.  The second lot of visitors arrived for Sunday lunch - a special Valentines lunch with Dad, Carla and Rob.  Before Rob left, we had a few drinks at my favourite bar in Manly where Rob introduced me to the expresso martini, a dangerous combination considering I don't drink either coffee or spirits!  Now, I'm just looking forward to a birthday weekend in Melbourne, I can't wait to see everyone there!

Charlie enjoys the ocean views

No comments: