Thursday 4 February 2010

Once a Green Queen, always a Green Queen ....



Cabbage Tree Bay Aquatic Reserve ...... protected by the Manly Environment Centre


I took a detour on my way home today and discovered a little treasure in Manly - The Manly Environment Centre - and with my Green Queen hat firmly on, I stepped inside for a moment.  Nearly an hour later, I emerged with my arms brimming with (recycled) pamphlets about ocean life and mining in NSW, the two areas of study for my students at the moment.  Not only did I find some great information, I met some really lovely people who are incredibly passionate about the environment and great to chat to .... a very pleasant surprise on my way home!

(for the uninformed .... the Green Queens is an environmental group that I set up at the MLC Junior School several years ago)

No comments: