Thursday 18 February 2010

Finding friends .....

Just like old times ... only in a much classier setting

One of the joys (or stresses .... depending on which way you look at it) of moving to a new city is finding new friends, and in my case, reaquainting with old friends.  Since moving here, I've been lucky enough to catch up with a friend who I spent my GAP year with in the UK and it was just like old times.  Then, out of the blue this week, I had a text from her - another one of our GAP mischief makers was in town from NZ.  Needless to say, a gossipy catch up over dinner and drinks was in order.  It was  a wonderful dinner of reminicising over the fun we had as 18 year olds in our first 'away from home' experience and catching up on the last 10 years of our lives (note to self - must grow up, buy a house and get married).  On the ferry home, I began thinking about the eclectic groups of friends I've made here from all areas of my life ... friends from training, the kid's babysitter, my internet friends, an old school friend, even a friend from China.  Right now, I 'm looking forward to heading back to Melbourne this weekend for a catch up with old friends, yay!

I promised the girls I wouldn't do it, but I couldn't resist .... a trip down memory lane to 1999, Aussie and NZ GAPpers in the UK.

1 comment:

Amy Martin said...

Anna my love, you are looking totally gorgeous! This obviously was the best choice for you and it shows! Love you! Will write soon with gossip! xo