Sunday 7 February 2010

Ocean swimming ....


Start of the Cole Classic from my employer's balcony 

No, I haven't achieved my goal of swimming from Shelly beach to Manly beach.  But, today, I was a little more inspired as I watched the 4500 participants enter the water for the annual Cole Classic swim, a 1km or 2km ocean swim.  There was a great atmosphere in Manly as people participated, supported or just enjoyed the entertainment.  I spent the morning viewing the race from my employer's balcony before having lunch at a beachside cafe followed by Sunday afternoon drinks and live music with a friend I haven't seen for 11 years .... what a great way to spend a Sunday!  Ready to start to training for next year's Cole Classic .... maybe!

Swimmers begin the race at Shelly beach .... the only Australian beach to face inland (a useless fact from Google!!)


No comments: