Saturday 8 January 2011

One year ago ...


One year ago, I arrived in Sydney feeling more than nervous about the people I was about to meet and hoping that I'd made the right decision to leave my great job in China for this unique opportunity.  It's hard to believe that a whole year has passed since I began my job as a private teacher, home-schooling two children.  On Friday, the family threw me a small 'Happy Anniversary' party ... B made home-made fireworks (slightly alarming, but very inventive), R made me the above piece of art and we all sat in the sun and ate gluten-free chocolate cake and drank wine.  The year has certainly had its ups and downs but am I happy I took the job?  For sure.  In the last year, I've had the opportunity to do so many things that I would otherwise never have had the chance to do ... learn to play polo, attend conferences across North America, live on a private island, participate in cowboy activities and many other wonderful things.  I have one more year left on my contract ... I wonder what the year will bring.

No comments: