Monday 31 January 2011

The Australian Museum ...

The extinct Tasmanian Tiger in the 'Where are they now?' section of 'Surviving Australia'

Yesterday, C and I took my two students to the Australian Museum in the city.  Our purpose of the visit was for six year old R and I to visit the 'Surviving Australia' exhibition as part of her studies into animal adaptations.  While us girls did our 'school' work, the two boys headed to the display of winning photos in Wildlife Photographer of the Year competition.  The best part about the first exhibit was the extremely cool interactive table where museum goers were 'bitten' by all sorts of dangerous Australian animals before learning about the first aid needed for such a 'bite'.  It amused adults and children alike.  I also managed to get a quick peek at the wildlife photography but I'm keen to head back to spend longer because the photos were simply stunning.  Given such a grand title of 'Australian Museum', I did expect the museum to be slightly bigger with more on offer, but the quality of the displays that were on offer was pretty good.

No comments: