Wednesday 5 January 2011

Reading madly ...

My mind is going a little mad at the moment ... my job isn't very stimulating and because it's the uni holidays, I have no reading to do for my Masters.  So, I'm spending a lot of time devouring other books.  Here is a selection that I've read and I'm reading this summer ... 

Written by one of my favourite authors ('Year of Wonders', 'March', 'People of the Book'), this book looks at the horrific lives of Islamic women ... makes me feel very lucky for the freedom I have.


Not as wonderful as his other book, 'The Book Thief', but still a great read.


Nothing like re-reading an easy book over the summer!


This is an incredibly inspiring book about the Tarahumara people in Mexico and their amazing athletic abilities.

This is my next book to read, it's been on my list for ages.

                  
I love planning trips, so I'm always dipping in and out a Lonely Planet of some kind ... this week, I've been looking into San Francisco where I will visiting in March for a conference.

The only teaching book in my reading pile at the moment.

No comments: