Thursday 10 March 2011

Orpheum Cinema ...



Last night, I headed to the Hayden Orpheum Cinema in Cremorne (30 minutes by bus from Manly) to see my first movie of the French Film Festival.  However, lack of organisation led to disappointment when I arrived and found that the movie was sold out.  All was not lost however.  Just visiting the Orpheum was a delight for the cinema is housed in a stunning 1930s Art Deco building.  Each cinema is gorgeously fitted out with beautiful light fittings and borders around the cinema screens.  Instead of a French romantic comedy, I went to see 'Rabbit Hole' starring Nicole Kidman and Aaron Eckhart.  It was quite a traumatic movie (with more than a few tears shed on my part) but wonderfully acted and well worth seeing.  Now I just need to get organised and book my French Film Festival tickets ahead of time!






No comments: