Sunday 16 October 2011

Busy ... but lazy ...

I've been super lazy on the blogging front this past week.  And it's not because I haven't been doing anything worth writing about.  I've done lots of interesting things.  And it's not because I've been working too hard.  Because I haven't - I'm on holidays.  So, I guess it's just that I've been lazy.  Briefly, here's what I've been up to ...

An 'old' Main Street at Heritage Park

  • Seeing 'Ova', the latest Cirque du Soleil offering.  Wow.  It was my first time to a Cirque show and it didn't disappoint.  

  • Visiting Heritage Park, an 'old' historical village which is a little bit like Sovereign Hill for the Victorians in the crowd, but not as fun or authentic.

Old fashioned trains at Heritage Park

  • Visiting the Calgary Zoo and oooing and ahhhing over the size of the Grizzly Bear's claws and realising that, no, I really don't need to see one of these whilst hiking.

  • Running around the river and kicking up the autumn leaves.

Check out the views of the mountains from this Heritage Park ride!

  • Researching Westie breeders and dreaming of a puppy.


  • Battling many Canadian bureaucratic agencies.

  • Eating and drinking too much at two Thanksgiving dinners.  Yummo.

  • Taking in a Wordfest event in downtown Calgary.  We saw 5 authors speak in a literary/musical event which was an odd combination.  

  • Procrastinating about starting my last coursework assignment for my Masters.

  • Buying books online to take back to Australia (they are SO much cheaper here).



  • Going on weekend drives and bike rides with C.

  • Walking into town and working out at the YMCA.

  • Looking forward to heading back to Australia to see family and friends.

Now I know that this is an incredibly lazy blog entry, but I will aim to write more over the next few weeks, including some more detailed entries about some of the above events.  Until then, a cup of tea and the weekend papers await me on the couch ...

No comments: