Tuesday 4 October 2011

Looking for a puppy ...

Lexie hoping that she looks cute enough to come inside the house

 Since I'm making a (semi) permanent move to Canada for love, one of my 'conditions' is that I can have a dog.  It's all about compromise isn't it?  I move to Canada and C welcomes a dog into our life?!  So, C has agreed and we've begun the process of finding a breeder from whom to purchase a West Highland Terrier (aka Westie).  My brother owns a Westie, little Lexie (above) and over the years, I've been lucky enough to dog-sit her many times.  She is the sweetest, funniest little thing.  On the weekend, we visited a breeder north of Calgary and we both fell in love with the puppies and adult Westies we saw.  We could have easily taken one (or more!) home then and there.  But, we need to wait until I get back from Australia in February.  In the meantime, we'll have a look at other breeders and make our final decision before I go back to Australia.  I am ridiculously excited about getting a dog and sharing that experience with C. 


1 comment:

canussie said...

They make a house feel like a home for sure :).