Monday 17 October 2011

A Sunday bike ride ...


 C loves riding bikes, especially in the mountains.  Me, I do not.  I like riding bikes, but preferably if they are a lovely step-through bike with a basket, a bell and no hills involved.  I mean, I loved riding my bike in China but there were 9 million other people on bikes too, so it felt a little bit safer.  Not to mention I had a lovely orange step-through bike with a basket and a bell!

 
 So, it took some coaxing on C's part to get me out on his mountain bike around Calgary on the weekend.  But, surprisingly, I loved it.  Whilst I didn't have the basket or the bell, there was not a single hill in sight.  We cycled around a part of the Bow River that I've never been to because to run it (and be able to run a loop across the river) is too far (or maybe I'm too lazy).  I was surprised to see so many people out and about on a cold Sunday afternoon, but the brisk wind was very refreshing and it was lovely to share some light exercise with C.


Downtown from the river pathway

After enjoying myself so much, I've had a wave of inspiration and am contemplating purchasing a bike of my own (one with a basket and a bell and in a pretty colour of course) this week.  So, stay tuned, I may be the proud owner of a bicycle later this week!



No comments: