Thursday 5 January 2012

Chistmas time, family time ...

The whole Davidson/Kaldy gang (with a Canadian ring-in)

After just a few days in Sydney, C and I headed to Melbourne for Christmas celebrations with my family.  Christmas Eve is always a fun time in our family and this year was particularly special as everyone (siblings, parents, cousins etc.) was there, along with two dogs and one guinea pig.  As always, it was a very enjoyable night with lots of food, drinks and laughs (possibly the biggest laugh came from Grandmother being re-named 'G-Mo' and getting down with some rap moves!)  Christmas morning is just a regular day for the Davidson clan, but for C and I, it was time to start our Tasmanian adventure, which I look forward to sharing with you next week.

Slightly wonky photo, but evidence that my 'G-Mo' (grandmother) is up with the times!

(On another family note, tonight I'm off on the train to Canberra to farewell Dad and Carla as they pack up their home in the capital and begin their epic road trip from Canberra to Perth!  After my first week back at work, I'm more than ready for some chill-out time on the train and a weekend of being social)

No comments: