Thursday 26 January 2012

LEGO and Antarctica ...

Last week, I took the kids into the city to explore a couple of the summer time exhibitions that are being held in the CBD.  We began with the Art of the Brick LEGO exhibition at the Town Hall where we marveled at the amazing sculptures made out of LEGO.  The kids had fun posing next to many of them.  Our second stop was the State Library of NSW, where we viewed the Finding Antarctica: Mapping the Last Continent exhibition.  The exhibition was much larger than I had anticipated and I wondered how long the kids would remain engaged with the old maps and artifacts.  To my surprise, they thoroughly enjoyed looking at the ancient, hand-drawn maps of Antarctica.  There are always lots of fun things happening in the city over the summer and I'm trying to make the most out of all the offerings before I leave Sydney in just a few weeks.







No comments: