Tuesday 7 February 2012

Breakfast and people-watching ...


View from my favourite breakfast spot

Since it's my last week in Manly, I'm trying to fit in as many of my favourite beach-side activities as possible (in between last-minute work jobs and packing).  This morning, I treated myself to breakfast at my favourite beach-side cafe, Bluewater.  As I've written about before, I do love going out for breakfast in Australia.  I have the same thing nearly every time - two poached eggs (super runny) on sourdough toast with a side of spinach washed down with a pot of green tea.  Sometimes, if I'm feeling particularly daring, I have a double order of spinach (what a radical life I lead!). 

My favourite breakfast

Mornings are my favourite time in Manly because there are so many people out and about, it makes for terrific people-watching.  Being on the beach means that there are lots of people outdoors early in the morning, all walking, surfing, working out etc.  It's also a great source of inspiration to watch people enjoying an active life.   This morning, it was such a luxury (for a week day) to sit, enjoy breakfast and indulge in a spot of beach-side people watching.  I'm going to miss that.

Manly Beach on the way to work

No comments: