Monday 6 February 2012

Last weekend in Manly ...


Manly beach in the evening

My time in Manly is drawing to a close and this past weekend was my last that I'll spend in this beautiful place.  It was unfortunate that I needed to spend much of it studying (two ethics applications and one 1200 word essay about Canadian pioneer women, thank you very much!) but I still managed to get out and enjoy some of my favourite activities in Manly.  I made it to two hot yoga classes, each followed by a cooling dip in the ocean, strolled along Manly beach, sun-baked and read the Sunday papers on the harbour-side beach and enjoyed bubbles and cake at Circular Quay, overlooking the harbour bridge.  I also indulged in a favourite treat - a glass of wine at the movies - not once, but twice.  On Saturday night, I saw 'Women on the 6th Floor' in Manly and yesterday,  I saw 'The Iron Lady' at Circular Quay.  I am feeling slightly sad about leaving and this week is going to be one of mixed emotions as I finish my time teaching seven year old R and eleven year old B and living a lovely summertime life in Manly.  

Harbour side beach

A treat at Circular Quay

No comments: