Monday 20 February 2012

Shopping in Vancouver ...

Yes, I've been missing in action over the past week and a bit.  After leaving 'the family' in Sydney, I spent a whirlwind week in Melbourne, catching up with family and friends, beginning work on my thesis and preparing for my departure for Canada.  The more time I spend with my family, the more I love them, not just as family but as friends.  Man (how North American!), I'm going to miss them.  The week simply flew by and before I knew it, my trip to Canada had begun.  I arrived in Vancouver early this morning and spent the day walking the streets of downtown Vancouver, soaking up the crisp, fresh winter air.  Being a little tired and emotional after leaving my family, I don't have much to say right now but I thought I'd share with you the highlight of my first day in Canada (which was spent alone) ... these gorgeous Helly Hansen winter boots ... 





The picture doesn't quite do them justice.  They are black suede boots with a toasty fur lining.  They're super comfortable and are designed for the snow, so will suit me perfectly for my return to Calgary at the end of the week.  My other purchases today?   A steak flavoured rope toy and some salmon jerky puppy treats.  I'm just a little bit excited about picking up our puppy on Friday!  Oh, and seeing my brother tomorrow.  And, of course, seeing Cameron on Thursday.  But for now, a combination of jet lag and two glasses of red wine means that this jet-setter needs to go to bed. 

No comments: