Wednesday 1 February 2012

Henk Berg Leather ...

 The minute that C and I walked into Salamanca Market during our trip to Hobart, I fell in love.  Not with him (that had already happened some time ago).  But with the Henk Berg leather collection.  I'd been looking for a new handbag to travel with for some time and had quite specific criteria - it had to be a simple design (I'm not much of a bling girl), brown (all my bags are black, it was time to change things up a bit), large enough to fit lots of stuff to keep me entertained in the air (laptop, kindle, ipod, small toilet bag, newspaper etc.) and have a zip so that I can put it in an overhead locker without everything spilling all over the place.  As soon as we walked up the Henk Berg stall, I saw it ...


I knew I had to have it.  They didn't have the exact one I wanted (it was the above bag but with a big buckle) so I had to wait patiently for the bag to be altered and then shipped to me.  Well, it arrived yesterday and I absolutely love it.  The leather is soft and has that beautiful smell of real leather.  I also loved meeting the owner (Lara Berg, daughter of Henk Berg) and hearing the story behind the company (all the products are designed in Launceston, Tasmania and made by a family in Java, as part of a fair trade agreement).  If you're after a lovely new bag or wallet, I can highly recommend the Henk Berg line of products.  I know where I'll be getting all of my handbags in the future!

No comments: