Friday 2 March 2012

Ferry to Victoria ...

For several reasons, I was super excited about catching the ferry from Vancouver to Victoria, on Vancouver Island, last Thursday.  Firstly, I'd never caught the ferry, being lucky enough to have my sea plane fare paid by my employers each time I travelled to the Gulf Islands.  Secondly, I was obviously excited about meeting C on the other side, after about 8 weeks apart.  And lastly, it meant we were one step closer to picking up our lovely little puppy.  The ferry terminal on the Vancouver side is a fair distance from the downtown core, so we caught a bus there, only to be delayed boarding the ferry due to a 'police incident' which we later found out referred to someone going overboard (intentionally).  As we wove our way through the Gulf Islands, Tom and I thought that life would have to be pretty bad to willingly go into those waters ... in the middle of winter.  After dwelling on that sadness for a moment, we turned our eyes to the beautiful scenery of the Gulf Islands.  There is something truly mesmorising about that part of the world.  The islands have a magical light about them.   However, it's not easily captured in photographs ... well not my photographs at least.  But, I took a few snaps as I counted down the long 95 minutes before I could disembark and see C for the first time in a while ...

Another ferry coming through the Gulf Islands

Lighthouse en route

Sun shining through clouds


No comments: