Sunday 18 March 2012

The new ipad ...


A few weeks ago, I decided to buy an ipad as I thought it would be a good teaching tool to experiment with (well, that's what I told myself ... I've secretly been hanging out for one for ages).  But, I thought I'd have to wait for ages until the Apple-mania died down.  So, you can imagine my surprise when I turned up to the Apple store on Friday (wanting to buy an HDMI cable to connect my Macbook Pro to the TV), expecting there to be a huge line up for the new ipad on 'launch day', to find a line of just 1-2 people.  I quickly joined the line and within about 5-10 minutes, I was standing at the back of the store with the Apple staff cheering as they handed over a shiny new 64GB wi-fi + 4G black ipad.  The shopping experience was unreal.  Apple certainly know how to market things and create such a positive, enthusiastic encounter in the store.  After making my purchase, a staff member helped me set everything up and then sent me home to 'play'.  And that is exactly what I have done ... procrastination tool number 104 - buy an ipad.  I have been absolutely overwhelmed by the number of apps available and no idea which ones to choose.  So far, my favourite downloads have been 'The Age' and 'The Australian' newspapers and I love that you can save articles to read later.  Plus, the quality of the image on the screen is like nothing I've ever seen before.  However, I need your help, my friends.  I need some suggestions for which apps to download.  I'm interested in anything reading or health and fitness related and, since I bought it to use at work, educational apps.  Please, leave a comment or send me an email with some suggestions!

Abbey checks on the new ipad

No comments: