Tuesday 19 June 2012

A full licence! (and other bureaucratic wins) ...

I promise that normal posting will resume once the craziness of report writing (for students I've only known for 7 weeks!) dies down.  But in the meantime, a few more bureaucratic wins to report on.  Last week, my full Canadian licence appeared in the mail, alongside an Alberta Health Care card (like a Medicare card I think).  And, an even bigger win ... a year long teaching contract at Calgary Girls' School, with the verbal promise of it turning into a permanent position at the end of the next school year.  Next bureaucratic steps ... fighting for my right to be correctly placed on the teaching salary scale and gathering 'relationship evidence' for when C and I apply for my permanent residency. 

Cheesy photo to celebrate my new full Canadian licence

No comments: