Saturday 2 June 2012

Bureaucratic success (licencing) ...

In the past month, I've come to accept that I need to go through the tedious process of getting an Alberta licence ... getting a driving history from Australia, sitting a written test, having a learner licence for 2-4 weeks, sitting a road test, having my Aussie licence revoked.  The privilege of going through this process was going to cost me around $250.  I'd accepted all of that. 

I spent last night and this morning studying for the written test.  C and I had planned our schedule over the next few weeks to ensure he can drive me around so I don't have to rely on buses/cabs/bicycles too much.  This afternoon I turned up to sit the test ...

"Oh, you can just swap your licence over.  The policy was changed last week."

Wow, what a relief!  One more bureaucratic hurdle leaped.  The others are all in the works and will be revealed soon when they are confirmed.

No comments: