Thursday 28 June 2012

Library book mystery ...

During busy work times, I tend to gravitate towards chick lit novels that do not rate highly on the 'quality literature' scale.  They provide a lovely few moments of escapism without taxing the brain at all (whilst they probably don't kill off any brain cells, at the very least they give me totally unrealistic romantic expectations.)  In the book I powered through last Saturday (first non-report-writing-Saturday in a month), I found a greeting card with the following cover ... 


"Ah, that's lovely," I thought, "someone is using a special card as a book mark."  But when I opened the card, I was even more intrigued as this is the message I read ...


Isn't that just lovely?  I was so curious about the story behind the card, I couldn't stop thinking about it.  Who was Rachel Rose?  Who was her fiancé?  Is it 'O'?  Who is Jenae?  Was she the matron of honour?  What was the 'something' that was bought for Rachel Rose's outfit?   Is someone missing this card?  I couldn't think of what to do with the card so I'll keep it as my bookmark until I figure out what to do with it.  You never know what kind of treasures you'll find in trashy chick lit novels!  But, the mind-taxing part of the school year is now over and in about 24 hours, I will officially be on summer holidays and can sink my teeth into more quality literature.

No comments: