Sunday 10 June 2012

Teaching certification!

A few weeks ago, I received the results of that ridiculous 6000 word essay on the history of women in Red Deer that I had to write in order to become a 'real' teacher in the eyes of Alberta Education.  I received a measly 56%.  But, it was a pass.  All I had to do was send off the transcript to Alberta Education and teaching certification was mine.  Thanks to my new job, I was able to get a 'Letter of Authority' which meant I could start teaching and be temporarily certified for a few months.  I was happy enough with that but on Thursday, I received a letter from Alberta Education with a lovely letter telling me that I'd now met the teaching standards for Alberta and was now certified.  So, I am now the proud owner of an Interim Professional Certificate, valid until 2015!  Now I just need to work out how to incorporate my knowledge of women in Red Deer in the early 1900s into my Grade 5 teaching.  So far, I've learnt more about Canadian history actually teaching it rather than writing crazily long essays on tiny, tiny elements of history.

No comments: