Wednesday 15 August 2012

Hanging around in Calgary ...

An appropriate seat for Cowtown

Calgary is definitely not a city I would ever choose to live in but it is growing on me and there are some pockets of the city that I really enjoy spending time in.  The best part about where C and I live is the proximity to the river, downtown Calgary and the lovely little neighbourhood of Kensington, where shock, horror ... you can find a coffee shop that isn't Starbucks (there also is a Starbucks too)!  It was here, at Higher Ground, that Mum and I went each day for her daily caffeine fix.  We also spent time wandering around my other favourite area, Inglewood, as well as downtown Calgary where we did a spot of shopping and enjoyed a boozy lunch on a pub patio.  It's not a fabulous city, but I am enjoying exploring some of the more unique areas and it was fun to share these with Mum.

The Peace Bridge

Boozy lunch in downtown Calgary

Mum's 'local' while she was here, Higher Ground in Kensington

Enjoying the flowers in Riley Park, Kensington

More coffee!

No comments: